Wednesday 29 July 2009

Thoughts as Words, Dear Poitiers

Recently, I spent some time in the French city of Poitiers. I went there with nine other teachers from the East London area. I had such a wonderful experience with the french family I stayed with, the people and streets of Poitiers and the wonderful children in the primary school in which I had my work experience.

However, best of all was the wonderful cafe-bar, where as a group we met every evening. It was a unique and wonderful experience. Here are my thoughts as words:


We meet at the same bar every evening now.
It has become a ritual-even the waitress brings
us our drinks before we ask. There's the exchange
of jovial tales, jokes, banter to the sound of parisian
turkish accordians-
Like us, it is foreign, but feels at home here. The
crowds walk by-shoppers on a humid, sticky
evening with insignificant missions to complete-
while the rest off us enjoy the cool interiors and shaded
seating of this brisk cafe-bar in Poitiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment