Monday 31 August 2009

A Force of Nature?

Growing up by the sea, I've always found it inspiritional. So, on my recent visit back home in the West of Ireland, I spent as much time as possible walking by the shore. I'm not quite sure why, perhaps its the force of nature, but for me its the closest thing to a spirtitual sensation I've ever experienced.
However, as I sat one day amongst wind swept, sandy dunes, I noticed a very large crow staring in my direction and a strange feeling came over me, actually within me. I began writing without hesitation. The words were from deep within and yet I'm not sure they were mine. It was not so much a peaceful spirituality, as something decidedly malevolent in the air. This is what I wrote:

The roar of the sea, as
the wind batters me,
is no concern of mine.
The whispering waves
that carry for days
the thoughts of those
left far far behind.
A single crow, all alone,
goes head to head with me.
I stare him down, the
war is won-he flees
for pastures green.
I see a woman walk my way,
she's wearing black today,
but as I nod knowingly-
she smiles and fades away.

No comments:

Post a Comment